In the latter half of last year, I found myself doing a lot of thinking and personal reflection. One of the big things that came from this is that I realised how completely fed up I am with myself saying I'll do x, y and z, then never following through. With the big 3-0 approaching in 2017 and the phrase "life is short" ringing in my mind, this is why I've thought of so many things I want to do/achieve/complete in 2016. Many of them are small and they're all realistic - in fact, I'm pretty confident it's possible for me to do them all this year. So here is my 16 point to-do list for 2016...
1. Stop putting myself down and BE MORE POSITIVE. For every negative thought, move it aside and replace it with a positive one.
2. Have more makeup free days. I know my skin will thank me for it.
3. Replace my old, wonky glasses with a new pair that actually suits my face shape and wear them at least a few days a week instead of my contact lenses.
4. Buy fresh flowers for the house regularly - not expensive bouquets, but just a cheap, pretty bunch from the supermarket. They never fail to make me smile and always brighten my day.
5. 2016 will be the year my house is de-cluttered. My husband and I tend to hoard items "just in case". Time to be ruthless and throw sh*t out.
6. Going on my first foreign holiday in four years last year reminded me of how much I love visiting new places and trying new things. I'd love to go on a few weekend city breaks this year and am already planning a trip to Amsterdam in April for mine and my husband's birthdays.
7. Keep up my toning exercises (squats, lunges, wall sits etc) and gradually incorporate cardio into my routine.
8. Follow my own advice and go with my gut instinct - it's almost always right.
9. Don't give up on the rocking-a-red-lip dream! I wore the Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Red Essential on Boxing Day and loved the colour on me - but didn't feel fully confident wearing it out of the house. Baby steps!
10. Book in for the balayage that I said I'd book last year...
11. On the subject of booking, also book in for my first tattoo. I've finally decided on what I want and where to have it on my body! I have been sketching the design over the last few weeks and it's nearly there.
12. Be more savvy and sensible with my spending (especially cutting down on eating out), so I can afford said tattoo, balayage, city breaks, oh and the glasses!
13. Get more sleep. Be in bed with the light off by 10.30pm on work nights.
14. My husband set up his own business 18 months ago and became limited last summer. I do his accounts for him (it's also my day job) and my goal is to move them from Excel to Microsoft Sage in the next month or two.
15. Jump on the capsule wardrobe bandwagon. I love the whole concept of it and I know it would suit me down to the ground. No more impulse buying something I'll wear once or already have five of in a slightly different colour or shape.
16. Start blogging again regularly and enjoy it. I always put too much pressure on myself and make myself feel inferior, which is when I start to lose my passion for it. So I plan to post at least once a week but won't be too strict about sticking to a posting schedule. I also won't take on so many PR samples as I have in the past. I have lots of ideas for posts, including more that vary away from beauty and I'm currently feeling enthusiastic and inspired.
Beauty Bird xx