Happy New Year everyone! I hope you're all feeling excited and positive about 2015 - I certainly am! Every year I make some beauty resolutions and over the course of the year I generally seem to achieve at least half of them! I did quite well in 2014 - I've grown my hair longer for my-getting-very-close-now-wedding (it's longer than it's been for years) and this has been meant I've been able to experiment more with different styles. I also made sure I took my nail polish off properly i.e. with actual remover... well most of the time anyway (instead of picking it off - not good) and towards the end of the year even managed to massively clear up my skin - a resolution I never thought I'd come close to achieving (I have a post coming on the details of this). I've made some new resolutions for the year ahead, so without further ado...
1. Butter myself up. Basically what I'm saying here is that I have a ridiculous amount of body butters, oils and moisturisers that I'm just not getting through quick enough. It's going to be my mission this year to get myself into a consistent body moisturising routine and get through my stash!
2. One in, one out. Since my Use It or Lose It... post, I've been much better at not having so many skincare products on the go at once, which will mean I'll actually use up products before they expire and will mean fewer wasted products! I want to carry this on and keep improving in 2015. Plus I'm not going to buy anything expensive unless I actually intend to use it regularly and use it up (sounds stupid but I know I'm not alone here!).
3. Try/discover more brands. Obviously this is fully dependent on what money I have, but if I be sensible about my purchases in general, I could finally try brands and products I've wanted to use for ages. For example, I really want to try some Chanel and Tarte makeup this year and I want to finally make some Oskia, Antonia Burrell and GlamGlow skincare purchases I've been thinking about for ages. I also want to incorporate more green makeup brands into my daily routine, so I'm also hoping to discover some different brands online that I wouldn't come across in my local Boots.
4. Have a balayage. A couple of years ago I wanted to ombre my hair, but I never did and looking back I think it was because it would have been too much of a change and too much of a dramatic contrast between the colours. However I've now been made aware of balayage, which appears to be a much more natural looking, subtle and "sweeping" way to bring different, contrasting colours into the hair. I always have the same highlighted blonde colour and I'm bored of it, so I need to finally be brave and do something different!
5. Master false eyelashes. I've decided that enough is enough and it's time to get this fiddly and often stressful application fully mastered, so it's something I incorporate into evening makeup without worrying or even really thinking about it! My plan is to get a load of cheap £1.00 false eyelashes from Primark and practice, practice, practice!
When it comes to blogging resolutions, well, I really want to up my game this year. I want to improve my photography, plan out my posts a month in advance, join in more Twitter chats and analyse my Google Analytics on a monthly basis, to name but a few! However for the first few months of this year my main priority will be finishing my wedding planning and getting married (excited eek!), but after the wedding I hope to be more organised blogging wise.
I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you all for following and/or reading my blog in 2014 - you mean an awful lot to me!
What are your beauty (or blogging) resolutions for 2015?
Beauty Bird xx