I always look forward to Georgina from Makeup Pixi3's seasonal tags and it's time for a summer one! I hope you enjoy reading!
1. What's your favourite thing about Summer?
There are so many things I love about summer. I love waking up to daylight rather than darkness, being able to have a BBQ for tea, lovely long sunny walks with the dog, wearing flips flops and t-shirts rather than boots and jumpers...! Plus the sunshine and longer, lighter hours just generally seem to put me in a better mood.
2. Do you have a favourite Summer drink?
Something really refreshing like orange and cranberry juice or if I'm in need of some caffeine I looooove the Costa Mocha Coffee Cooler.
3. Is there a location you like to go to each Summer?My other half and I tend to go to Cornwall to stay with friends at least once over the summer, either for a week or a long weekend. They live really close to the beach and you can see the sea from their house, it's just such a beautiful, relaxing place to go. The dog loves it too!
4. Favourite makeup look for Summer?
A light, natural look - a light base, with cream blusher, neutral eyeshadow and a pretty wash of colour on the lips. You can see my picks in more detail in my recent Lighter Makeup Picks for Summer post.
5. Dresses or skirts?
I tend to have more summer dresses than skirts, but generally both. I want to get more shorts though this year, I only have denim ones and would really like some of the patterned fabric ones I've seen on summer OOTD posts.
6. Sandals or ballet pumps?
Again both, though I prefer sandals with a bright nail varnish on my toes!
7. Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down for Summer?
I generally wear my hair down most of the time. I am growing my hair longer but it's not quite long enough to do a proper bun or anything, so maybe it will be up more next year!
8. Deep smokey eyes or bold lips?
I don't tend to do either very much, but it would be smokey eyes - brown shades though rather than black with some eyeliner. I really need to practice my flicks because I love winged eyeliner, but most of the time I give up before I've even started and end it where my eye ends!
9. Favourite perfume for Summer?
I love Davidoff Cool Water and Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh. They're so different when compared to the other, but both smell like summer to me!
10. Last but not least, favourite music for Summer?
Just something upbeat - one that makes you turn it up with the windows down in your car and sing along! I love listening to Labyrinth "Sunshine" whenever the sun is out, it's such a summery, feel good song.
I tag all of you reading this post to do your own Summer Tag, just don't forget to credit Georgina if you do! In the meantime I'd love to hear your favourite things about summer?
Beauty Bird xx