When I was completing my beauty profile on www.whatsinmyhandbag.com one of the questions asked was how much I spend a month on beauty products. I clicked the £25-£50 option, but realistically I don't ever actually add up what I spend every month. With lots of beauty bloggers doing spending bans and challenges at the moment, it got me thinking that this would be quite an interesting post to do!
Obviously what I buy every month varies massively, it depends on if anything needs replacing, whether I have a spending spree to treat myself or actually have any money spare to spend!
Here's what I bought this month:
- VO5 Instant Oomph Powder - £4.07
- Real Techniques Powder Brush - £5.00 (blog sale buy)
- Moonie Face Cloths Pack of 3 - £5.99
- Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush in Parfait - £17.85
- Betty Buff Lip Scrubs in Strawberry Sauce and Honey Hot Lips - Special Offer 2 for £5.00
- MUA Lipstick in Shade 15 Juicy - £1.00
- MUA Nail Varnishes in Amaretto Crush and Plum Noir - £1.00 each
- Essie Mini Nail Varnish in Bangle Jangle - £1.00 (blog sale buy)
TOTAL = £41.91
I didn't need to buy any shampoo or anything like that this month and I bought a load of skincare bits in August that I needed, so they're still going strong. I did pretty well I think, well I was in my £25-£50 guess anyway...! It's crazy to think though that if I spent the higher end value every month I'd be spending £600.00 per year, which is the same as a holiday! Although I didn't really "need" most of these products, I do love discovering, buying and using beauty products, plus I like to think in reality I'm pretty sensible when it comes to spending. I could have spent a whole lot more - my wishlist is pretty big right now!
Do you know what you spend every month on average? Do you add it up every month?
Beauty Bird xx